How to improve – Study Habits!
The purpose of this book is not only to demonstrate with clear examples the types of study habits, but also to show the specific skills students need in order to excel. The expectation is that if the advice is followed in this book, the student will have mastered great study skills.
Study skills are the practices implemented by a student during study. Simply put, there are skills and habits which a student, or a person, employs while studying in order to make the most out of the experience..
Good study habits, or skills, are solutions to the problems experienced by students. This has been true for a long time, but the world is changing rapidly, which also means that the tools employed during study have to be changed in order to keep up.
This is a must book for students who want good grades. Both a guide and a self-help book, it can help any student of any age, middle school through graduate school, succeed in their classes whether they are held in a classroom or online.
Developing Great Study Skills
1. Know what works for you – Knowing what works for you is the first and most crucial step in developing good study habits. You need to discover what studying style works best for you.
2. Develop the right mental attitude – Developing the right mental attitude towards the task of studying is the first step you need to take to be successful. No matter how much you dislike studying, or how much you dislike studying a particular subject, you should try to find a way to enjoy the experience. Learning to not view studying as unpleasant is also important.
3. Create a study place – There is no limit to the number of places you can study. As a matter of fact, people have studied in unconventional places and managed to be successful.
Improving Your Study Skills
1. Set a trial period. – Once you have started practicing good study habits, you need to make them become a part of you, which can only be done through practice. A trial period gives you the opportunity to practice as much as you want and is typically one month or thirty days.
2. Focus on learning – A good way to improve your reading skills is to focus on learning instead of just reading to pass examinations.
3. Use your time wisely – One way to continuously improve your study skills is by apportioning your time correctly. You should know that taking your time seriously is one of the best ways to strengthen your study skills..
Keeping Up With Online Learning During The COVID-19 Pandemic
One of the most important aspects of studying currently is the growth of online education. How do you succeed when you either want to study at home or are forced to do so?
Remain Disciplined – Obviously your home does not have the features of your school, but you are still a student. That means you have to finish your course load in the same amount of time you used to complete it prior to the pandemic. But being at home, there is a high chance of distraction and interruption; therefore, a focused mind will lead to distance learning success.
Bad Study Habits: How Do I Know Them?
Study habits differ just as students differ. As students grow in their educational pursuit, some study habits they have adopted remain effective, while others are no longer useful and are dropped. You basically study to maintain your academic growth, so the way and manner in which you study reflects the results.
Here’s a Preview of What You’ll Learn…
• Understanding Study Skills
• Types of Learners
• Developing Great Study Skills
• Improving Your Study Skills
• Bad Study Habits: How Do I Know Them?
• Best Places to Study
• Signs That You Have Been Studying Excessively
• Effects of Studying Excessively
• Keeping Up With Online Learning During The COVID-19 Pandemic
AWESOME 5 Star Review from Readers’ Favorite!
“HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR STUDY HABITS – Christine Reidhead’s guide to building study skills is an extremely important book for those who want to secure their future through good grades.Too many students’ grades are falling, especially in a time when regular classrooms cannot fully open. Parents everywhere are at a loss regarding what to do with their responsibilities in the face of the increasing downturn in their children’s grades. It seems as though, with the advent of social media, the attention of a lot of students has been shifted from their books to their smartphones or computers. Apart from social media, blame has also been put on a decline in the interest of students regarding education in general. Students, at the moment, do not have the motivation or zeal, as it seems, to even study. Good study habits, or skills, are solutions to the problems experienced by students. This has been true for a long time, but the world is changing rapidly, which also means that the tools employed during the study have to be changed in order to keep up.
“This excellent guide walks students through skills and habits which a student, or a person, employs while studying in order to make the most out of the experience. The kind of skills employed by a person, whether good or bad, determines how successful they will be in the process of learning, and Reidhead shows how to understand study skills, discover what kind of learner you are, develop great study skills, avoid bad study habits, identify the best places to study, and how to keep up with Online Learning during the current ovid-19 pandemic. It also helps parents and students to identify when certain students are studying excessively, harming the effectiveness of their studying.”